skip to Main Content
Legal Division: 330-725-9722 Title Division: 877-722-0016


The Medina County Clerk of Courts Auto Title division is an authorized U.S. Department of State passport acceptance agency. Passport services are available at our Auto Title offices throughout Medina County. For location information, please visit our contact page.

Passport services are available until thirty (30) minutes before closing.

You can also visit the U.S. Department of State website for detailed passport information.

For any questions, please call our Title division at (330) 722-9253 or email at

Apply for a Passport:

When applying for a passport, you need to submit:

  1. A completed application for passport: Available online or at any of our offices.
    NOTE: Do not sign the application before visiting one of our Auto Title offices.
  2. Proof of U.S. citizenship: Which may be a previous U.S. passport, certified birth certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization. No photocopies will be accepted. Documents will be returned with your issued passport.
  3. Current Proof of Identity: Which may be established with a previous U.S. passport or a current valid driver’s license, military I.D. card, or State I.D. card.
  4. One passport photo

Passport Fees:

Two passport payments are required for a new passport:

  1. Passport fee, payable by check or money order only to U.S. Department of State
    • $130.00 for an adult passport, valid for 10 years
    • $100.00 for a child’s (under 16) passport, valid for 5 years

NOTE: An Expedite fee (four-week service) is available for an additional $60.00.

  1. Execution fee, payable by cash, credit card, check, or money order to Medina County Clerk of Courts
    • $35.00 execution fee for each new passport

NOTE: (no execution fee is required for a renewal application).

Passport Renewal:

You can renew your Passport by mail if all these conditions apply to your current U.S. Passport:

  1. Your current passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  2. Your current passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
  3. Your current Passport was issued within the last 15 years
  4. Your current Passport was issued in your current name (or your name change legal document is mailed in with your application.)
  5. A current Passport photo

The Passport Renewal Form DS-82 is available online, individuals can complete the mail-in renewal process without going to a passport center.

Passport Cards:

Travelers can now apply for a Passport Card. The Passport Card can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.

  • Adult Passport Cards are $30.00.
  • Children Passport Cards are $15.00.
  • There is an $35.00 execution fee payable to Medina County Clerk of Courts.

Passport Photo:

One passport photo is required. It has to be:

  • Whole-Face
  • Taken within past 6 months
  • 2″ × 2″ in size
  • Against a light background
  • No hats or head-covering

Detailed Photo Requirements are located on the U.S. Department of State website.

How long does it take to receive my passport?

Routine application processing takes ten (10) – twelve (12) weeks plus mail time. Expedited processing is available for an additional fee.

How can I get a replacement for a lost or stolen passport?

To replace a lost or stolen passport, complete Form DS-11 and Form DS-64, following the respective Department of State instructions.

Can I get a passport for my child?

For all children under age 16:

  • Children must accompany you to apply for a passport.
  • All applications for children under 16 require both parents’ or legal guardians’ consent.
  • Birth certificates must be submitted for all children showing parental relationship (even if the child has had a previous passport).

For all children age 16 to 17:

  • The minor must appear in person.

For security reasons, parental consent is required. Consent may be implied by a parent’s signature on the fee payment check; in some cases, an affidavit of consent may be requested.

If your child does not have identification of his/her own, you need to accompany your child, present identification and co-sign the application.

What if my name has changed?

The name on your passport should match your evidence of identity and citizenship. To change your name on a passport or as a proof of identity, you must submit a marriage certificate, or a certified copy of the court decree substantiating the change.

To have a replacement passport issued, submit this document with a completed Form DS-5504, following the Department of State instructions on the document.

If more than one year since the date of issue has passed, you must submit Form DS-82 (or Form DS-11, if appropriate) and pay the applicable fees.

I have an expired passport. Can I renew it by mail?

If the passport is an adult passport, is not damaged, was issued within the last 15 years and was issued in the same name (or the name change can be documented), you can renew it by mail.


Passport application acceptance agencies do not handle visas. A visa is an endorsement or stamp placed by officials of a foreign country on a U.S. passport that allows the bearer to visit that foreign country. Foreign entry requirements vary by country.

Visas are obtained through consular offices. Some travel agents handle visa requirements.

Where can I get information about the status of my application?

Check the status or your passport on the U.S. Department of State website.

I have a family emergency and need a passport immediately. What can I do?

Contact the National Passport Information Center and the staff there will advise you.

What if the name on my passport doesn’t match the name in which I’ve purchased my airline tickets?

Airlines strongly encourage you to buy tickets with the exact name listed on your passport.

If you have purchased international flight tickets, be sure the name you use on your passport application will match the name on your airline tickets.

To change your name on a passport or as a proof of identity, you must submit a marriage certificate, or certified copy of the court decree substantiating the change.

To have a replacement passport issued, submit this document with a completed Form DS-5504, following the Department of State instructions.

Back To Top